SFOA is requiring all Campers and Teaching Artists to be fully vaccinated.
SFOA will use and layer the following CDC recommended prevention strategies throughout the February Vacation Camp:
1. Universal and correct use of masks
2. Regular, daily temperature checks
3. Handwashing and respiratory etiquette
4. Cleaning and maintaining healthy facilities
5. Contact tracing in combination with isolation and quarantine
SFOA will prioritize of these prevention strategies:
1. Universal and correct use of masks will be required of students, teachers and staff. Frequent mask breaks will be scheduled throughout the day.
2. Physical distancing will be maximized to the greatest extent possible with most student engagement taking place outdoors
Core principles for cleaning and maintaining healthy facilities:
SFOA will routinely clean high-touch surfaces (such as doorknobs and equipment). We will provide hand sanitizer and a hand-washing station.
Cleaning: Regularly clean high touch surfaces and objects (for example, door handles, sink handles, toilet handles) within the theater.
Food service: Bottled water will be provided and individuals will be required to bring all their own snacks and lunch items with them each day.
Testing: Temperatures will be taken each morning when students, teachers and staff arrive. Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 at school will be isolated and their parent/guardian will be immediately notified to pick them up. Anyone who comes in contact with someone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will also be notified. Anyone displaying the following symptoms will be referred for diagnostic testing:
· A temperature is considered 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
· Sore throat
· Cough (for students with chronic cough due to allergies or asthma, a change in their cough from baseline)
· Difficulty breathing (for students with asthma, a change from their baseline breathing)
· Diarrhea or vomiting
· New loss of taste or smell
· New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
Teachers and Staff: All teachers and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to attending staff orientation.