$41 for 41
Want an easy way to support SFOA?
Contribute to our "$41 for 41 Years" Campaign!
For less than the price of dinner at a restaurant, you can be a part of this historic campaign! For 41 years, SFOA has been providing quality arts education to the young people of Mount Desert Island. To honor this legacy, our goal is to have 1000 people donate $41 each!
Can you help us reach this audacious goal??
Click here to donate $41 to celebrate 41 years!
Check out this video made by the 2015 Documentary Filmmaking class, to see why what we do is so important:
The money we raise through donations supports SFOA on every level. From scholarships to teacher salaries to supplies to rent payments to planning for the future, every gift makes a difference.
Summer Festival of the Arts is unlike any other program on Mount Desert Island
Each summer we bring together an average of 40 teaching artists, 20 assistants and over 100 children to create imaginative artistic experiences that reach far beyond the walls of Conners Emerson School.
As you can imagine, the cost of running SFOA increases every year. However, instead of passing our increased costs on to families through tuition increases, SFOA is determined to keep our program affordable by raising more money to bridge the gap.
- SFOA has now welcomed over 6,500 students
- 25% of our students receive tuition assistance through our scholarship program. To date, over 700 families have benefited
- 48% of students attend SFOA for at least two summers and many children attend each and every year from third grade until high school
- 71% of families send more than one child to SFOA
- For several years now, there have been many individuals return to be teaching artists who were once SFOA participants!
How you can help:
- Of course, we welcome donations in any amount. If you are already a donor, consider giving just 10% more this year to help support our growing program!
- Make a gift of appreciated stock. Stock gifts save you the capital gains tax while giving you a tax write-off!
- Donate an item on our wish list or contact SOFA office:
- Digital cameras
- Digital video cameras
- Portable ipod/CD players for dance classes
- Give of yourself by volunteering